Friday 11 December 2009

Changes Afoot

If you’re reading this on the Blogger or MySpace versions of this blog then you may have noticed a few changes. First off, those menu buttons at the top of the page have changed colour, being now an attractive shade of blue rather than dark grey. Also, the logo at the top of the page now reads “marcnobbs.co.uk” rather than “marcnobbs.com”.

Yep, I’ve come over all patriotic and stuff. :-)

Actually, the change is because I’ve moved my website to a new host and with the hosting came a free domain registration. Since I couldn’t be having with the hassle of moving the .com domain, I opted for .co.uk instead. The old .com domain now redirects to .co.uk as well.

Why the change of host? Well, this new host offers more features. The website needed a refresh, which you’ll see if you click on any of the buttons in header (or here if you’re on SOL, Soulcast or Zoo). So while refreshing, I thought about what else I could do.

For example, I’ve started a Marc Nobbs Wiki. It’s not much right now, which is why there is no link to it on the website, but over time I’ll expand it. Or you can. It is a wiki after all, and therefore it’s collaborative. take a peek at wiki.marcnobbs.co.uk.

See that? It’s a sub-domain. My new host provides me with unlimited sub-domains. So blog.marcnobbs.co.uk currently redirects to the blogger blog. In time I may move this to my new webhost using a WordPress solution, but I need to monitor bandwidth for a couple of months before I do that. I also need to consider what will happen to those people who have subscribed to the blogger blog – I don’t want to lose them by moving.

I’m also considering homogenising all the social network sites, eg twitter.marcnobbs.co.uk and myspace.marcnobbs.co.uk – but that may be a step too far.

Now, I really must go and do some writing… I mean work. Yes, I must go and do some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...