Tuesday 27 March 2007

Apologies for everything - It's clearly all my fault

Oh my word, it does appear that I have been rather lax in my blogging. In other words, in been over a week since I posted anything. Shocking. The main reason is that so much over the past few weeks has annoyed me, every time I’ve sat down to write I’ve been unable to. I mean, do I really have to apologise for the slave trade? Something that happened in a different country, 170 years before I was born? Apparently I do, according to our esteemed leaders. So while I’m on, I think I’d better apologise for a few other things too. Firstly, I’d like to say sorry to prostitutes the world over for the crimes of jack the ripper. I’d also like to apologise for both world wars, the British Empire, the Roman empire, and the crucifixion of Jesus.

Okay, I’m being sarcastic, but I do I look bovvered? Is my face bovvered?

And don’t even get me started on Global Warming.

Anyway – to business. I’ve been doing a bit of work on my Lulu store. I’ve updated the books I had there, and I’ve added a few more. I’ve also put together a new anthology, which includes all the stories I had published at Ruthie’s last year. I’m calling it “Breakfast at Ruthie’s” and I’m really proud of the cover I’ve knocked together for it. It won’t be out for a while yet – I need to proof it and I an issue with the back cover that I need to resolve. I’ll keep you posted.

I’ve finished the first of two, ro should that be the second of two, or even the third of three, stories that I’d like to submit to Ruthie’s as a story group. These two new stories feature the same characters as “Would Twins do this” which was in the Ruthie’s valentines issue. One of the stories happens before “Twins” and the other occurs sometime after. It’s the one that occurs after that I’ve finished. I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to run either of them through the tank.

Anyway – back to work, mustn’t slack off, we have a VAT inspection due next month. That should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...