Monday 1 September 2008

A Bumper Crop

Regular readers might remember that this year, Mrs Nobbs and I have taken on an allotment to grow our own veg. I posted some pictures of the plot when it first got up and running. Well, it's harvest time and we've had a damn good crop considering it's our first year. I spent most of Saturday digging up potatoes - and now the backs of my legs ache.

Still, it's worth it when you see four large cardboard boxes sitting in the shed in our back garden, waiting to be eaten. With any luck, we won't have to buy any spuds for the rest of the winter.

There's something very satisfying about your own spuds, fresh out of the ground and still covered with earth. Something 'primal' about having to wash that dirt off before you can peel and cook them. And they taste better than the washed and sterilised things you get in Tesco.

Anyway, here are some pics of my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...