Thursday 25 September 2008

Thief of Time

I'm always looking for new and interesting ways to procrastinate. MySpace is a good example. It's very easy to get distracted by MySpace. And all the new 'games' on there... Don't even get me started. Even my writing is a way to avoid doing the stuff I really need to do - the stuff at work I get paid for.

I've got some invoice I need to post to the purchase ledger, and I've got some management reports to file and some memos to write and.... Sorry, did you nod off there? Think how I feel, you only have to read this shit, I have to actually do it.

So I write instead. The key to procrastinating at work is to look as if you're working. I like to sit with some papers in front of me and a pen in my hand as I type-that way i can skip to a 'work' app if anyone comes to distract me... I mean, ask me to do something work-like for them.

At the moment,I have a very good procrastination excuse - I'm working on a second draft of what was called Chloe's Education, but what I'm now thinking of calling England's Rose. As I type, I'm 32000 words through a 85000 word manuscript. Not bad going. I might even get it done by the end of next week.

Still, I do need to procrastinate in other ways, like twitter. Or blogging. And there's always MySpace. Dear, sweet MySpace. The biggest waste of time ever invented. But life would be so dull without it. Well, duller than it is now at any rate.

On a different note, I wrote a new scene for England's Rose and sent it to a friend to read who told me it was, and I quote, "enough to scorch the panties off any girl." So that's good then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...