Wednesday, 10 March 2010

The Clear and Present Danger… Of Twitter

When I write, I will often do a companion Tweet session if anything occurs to me. (And by tweet, I don’t actually just mean twitter, since the app I use, Twhirl, updates Ping.fm which in turn updates Facebook, MySpace Google Buzz and others)

It might be that I hit a milestone and Tweet it. Or get excited by a particular scene and tweet it. Anything really.

Last night, I wrote chapter twenty-two of my WIP. In it, our Heroine, Clarissa, takes our Hero, Paul, to visit his parent’s grave on the third anniversary of their death. And as I wrote it, it occurred to me that it’s the fourth graveside scene I’ve written in my (what will be) five books.

So I tweeted about it. And I tweeted details of the scenes. And nearly gave away a pretty major plot point in my forthcoming release Eternally & Evermore.

Doh!

And lo, you see the danger of instant communication tools like twitter. Imagine if Agatha Christie had done that? lol

Here are my actual words…

There's two in "Lost & Found", one in the forthcoming "Eternally & Evermore" and this one in my WIP.

So, I wonder why I'm so fascinated with scenes of grief at a cemetery?

In the other three scenes, it's my heroine grieving, and we all know what they say about grief and women. One for her brother and one for...

Opps, nearly gave away a MAJOR plot point of a book that not out until the summer.

I tell you, that was damn close. To reveal who’s grave the scene took place at in Eternally & Evermore and to reveal who was in the scene would have given away at least two of the books big secrets.

And I wouldn’t want to do that, now would I?

Eternally & Evermore will be released by Phaze Books on 29th August, so you’ll have to wait until then to see who’s grave it is and who’s there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...