Friday 24 July 2009

Another week and no blog? What’s up with that?

So, as the song says, “another week over. And a new one just begun.” Okay, so John Lennon actually wrote “year” and not “week” and the week isn’t quite over yet nor has a new one quite begun, but you get the idea.

My last blog post was almost a week ago, and that was a fairly lazy “copy and paste” job from an post I’d made in the Love Romances Cafe last Monday. That alone should tell you what a difficult couple of weeks I’ve had. Work has been, and continues to be, very tough and it’s leaving me so shattered that when I get home all I want to do grab something to eat, slob out in front of the goggle box (as opposed to the google box) for a couple of hours before crawling into bed, falling asleep only to wake up six hours later and have to do it all over again.

And it’s not even as if there’s been anything worth watching on the goggle box. we had Touchwood a couple of weeks ago – 5 nights in a row and it was AMAZING – but since then picking have been pretty slim. Mock the Week is back, which is always welcome, but that’s about it. Oh, and Top Gear, but that’s on Sunday not during the week. Mind you, there is always the iPlayer.

So I’ve been watching the first five Harry Potter films in preparation for going to see it this weekend. I have to say, it’s remarkable how much Emma Watson has come on as an actress. By films 4 & 5 she’s actually acting and is almost believable. I’m looking forward to film 6 – it’s going to be hard for them to stuff up the story when translating it to film. I’m sure they’ll miss out a lot of important stuff, but it hasn’t really been missed in the other films so it should be okay.

I do worry about the last two films though. Particularly part 2 of Deathly Hallows which is where I expect Dobby’s death to slot in. For me, Dobby’s death and Harry’s subsequent digging of the grave by hand is a hugely significant moment. It’s very well written – probably the best written scene in the entire series – and had a massive emotional impact on me. I do worry that the scene will not have the same impact in the film for the simple reason that they’ve missed Dobby out of every film since the second, and so if you’ve only watch the films and not read the books you’re not going to realise how Dobby worships Harry or how much affection Harry has for Dobby (even if he is annoying).  In fact, if you’ve only seen the films, you don’t even know that Dobby has been working at Hogwarts for a couple of years.

But I digress.

I have been working on Eternally & Evermore. I’m just getting set to write the dramatic, cliff top conclusion which will be followed by a winding down coda to confirm the HEA. I’ve written  first draft tag line and blurb too.

Tag line - “Think that love will last forever? Think again.”

Blurb - When you’re young and in love, you think that love will last forever. Amy and Will think their love will last “Eternally & Evermore.” That it survive the three years they will be apart while they attend different universities. They are wrong.

Twenty years later and Will, now a successful lawyer, is invited to his school’s reunion where he meets Amy again and they realise that love does last a lifetime. That their love burns as strongly now as it ever did.

But the path they walk is not simple. Amy’s life has been tough and she harbours secrets that could prevent them from being together “Eternally & Evermore.”

So, have a good weekend everybody. I know I’m going to try to relax and kick back before coming back to the grindstone on Monday. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...