Tuesday 20 April 2010

Regular Features?

0003-n4fa7vzxdljb54kghutll8lxo1_5001 A few weeks ago I started the first regular feature on this blog – Six Sentence Sunday. And for the past two weeks I’ve posted a Monday Morning Flash. And they’ve gone down well – blog hits on Sundays and Mondays have gone up as have by feed subscriptions.

So, I guess the question is, should I add more regular features? There are a whole bunch doing the blog rounds, things like Thursday Thirteen – which, honestly, I’m not keen on.  And I don’t think Half-Naked Thursday would be much good either – I mean, do you really want to see naked? Or even half-naked? No, didn’t think so.

But how about a regular excerpts? Not just from the published and upcoming novels, but from the WIPs and short stories too. Yes, Yes, I know, that’s essentially what SSS is, but that is only six sentences – I’m talking about proper excerpts. A thousand words or more.

Sound good? Okay, let’s do that then. Wednesdays, that seems like a good day to do it.

Until tomorrow then.

I should also mention that right now I’m in the middle of going through all the blog subscriptions I seems to have added to MySpace over the past couple of years in a effort to consolidate them in my Google Reader account. MySpace, as we all know, has lost the battle of the Social Networks and is slowly dying. Many of the blogs I’ve already been through haven’t been updated in yonks. But, thankfully, I’ve been able to search out the authors ‘real’ blog and add that feed instead. Good Ole Goog.

When I’ve been through all my MySpace subs – and I will add a MySpace feed if the blog is active and there isn’t an alternative – I’m going to cease posting this blog on MySpace. I don’t see the point anymore. I’ll post a ‘parking’ page directing people to Facebook, Twitter and blogger instead.

And in case you were wondering, no, the photo at the top of the page has nothing to do with the post – I just like it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...