Thursday 17 May 2007

It’s Thursday again, where’s the bloody week gone?

I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older, or because I have so much to do, but time seems have accelerated in recent weeks. I suspect it’s the latter. I’m having one of those periods where you have a list of tasks longer than the long and winding road and every single one of them is mega-important and needs to be done NOW! So you find yourself having to decide which one you can put off until tomorrow, and before you know it, it’s not only tomorrow, it’s next week. Then next week turns into the week after and the deadline is on the horizon. Then the deadline is tomorrow and you have to drop everything and do that thing you would normally have done straight away, meaning that something else gets pushed to tomorrow… you get the idea.

On the other hand, if it is my age, I now understand why old folks can sit in the same chair all day without getting bored. I mean, when you’re knocking on a bit, if time really does go faster, then watching an hour of “Cash in the Attic” or “The Antiques Roadshow” will only seem like a 30 second commercial anyway.

To business. I’ve got a couple of subs to follow up this week/weekend/when I get around to it. One of them has been in the mix for a couple of months now, but the deadline isn’t until June (I think). I would like to know, but I can understand why they haven’t made a decision on it yet. Would still like to follow it up though, just to see.

I’ve done a second draft of my story “Public Performance”. I’ll be posting it as a revision in the Tank later today. It is still very much a draft—in this version I think I’ve addressed most of the major issues that were brought up with the last draft, but I’d like to look again at a few smaller specifics before I think about subbing it.

And finally we’re just two weeks away now from the release of “Breakfast at Ruthie’s”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...