Thursday 15 May 2008

The BritWriters

Yesterday I was invited to join a new Yahoo! group and blog – The BritWriters. As the title suggests, the group is for and the blog will be written by writers who are, for want of a better word, British. All are authors who, like myself, find that their publishers and indeed the majority of their readership are on the other side of a rather large stretch of water known as the Atlantic Ocean. I think the main objective of the blog is convince our American friends (and Canadian and Australian – in fact the whole rest of the world) that we Brits don’t all walk around in bowler hats with black umbrellas under one arm and a cup of tea in the other.

You can find the blog at http://wulfwaru.wordpress.com/ I’m not entirely sure what the significance of the “Wulfwaru” is. Perhaps I’ll ask one day and let you know. Or Google it. In the meantime, pop along and enjoy the blog. I haven’t posted to it yet, and when I do the first will probably be just a “Hi, I’m me and I’m here too” type of post. But from the plans I’ve been hearing on the Yahoo! group, this will develop into a very interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...