Tuesday 6 May 2008

It was a public holiday here in the UK yesterday – and wouldn’t you know it, it didn’t rain! I swear, I nearly keeled over and died in shock. It was lovely and sunny all day – very pleasant. Which is more than you could say for our lunch. We went to a nice little pub called “The Fox & Hounds”. The food was very nice, but Nobbs Jr. decided he didn’t want any and first I had to run around the garden with him while Mrs Nobbs ate, then she did the same while I ate. Not exactly a nice family meal. He’s only two and a half, so I shouldn’t really complain, but he’s going through an “I don’t want to eat” phase, which is really annoying. Especially when he wakes up at 4am and starts moaning that he’s hungry.

To other matters. “Charlotte’s Secret” made it into the Phaze top-twenty bestsellers for April – this despite only being released on the 21st of the month. Okay, so it was only in at number 19, but that’s not bad going. One of the books released on the same day didn’t make the top twenty at all. Mind you, one of the other books released on the same day polled a lot higher. Still, I guess I can call myself a ‘best-selling author” now – or is that going too far?

I’m currently working to bring some of the short stories that are no longer exclusive to Ruthie’s to my website (for free) as e-books. These include “Six-Thirty Sleeper”, “Private Party” and “Public Performance”. I’ll keep you posted and let you know when they are available for download.

I’ve also been working on hard on “Chloe’s Education” (which I still consider a ‘working title”). I’ve got past the ‘crucial’ turning point of the story – now all I need is a little reflective pause in the narrative before ploughing ahead to the finish line.

When I’m done with Chloe, I’ve decided I’m going to do a total re-write of two older stories which have been bugging me lately with their “incompleteness” (incomplete in my eyes at least). More news on that if and when I ever finish Chloe.

Finally, I can’t post a blog without mentioning good ole Boris. Boris Johnson was elected London mayor last week. And I do believe we are in for an interesting four years with him at the helm. Who knows, if he does a good job, maybe one day BJ will get the proper top job. I can just see him and Hilary at a G8 summit right now – a match made in heaven. (That said, Boris will probably screw things up and Hilary will lose out ‘cause she’s a girl).*


*I should just say for the sake of it, that I have no preferences in the US presidential race. How can I have, I don’t get a vote. I guess the rest of us will just have to like it or lump it when the pregnant chads are counted and the legal battle in a Floridian courtroom is all over. Er... I mean, when the votes are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...