Sunday 20 June 2010

Six Sentence Sunday 20/06/10 - “Eternally & Evermore”

wp7b3eb1a9Yes, yes, I know, #sixsunday has been absent for a couple of weeks but it’s back and since today is father’s day, the six today - from Eternally & Evermore - have a fatherly theme. In fact, I’m offering up two sets of six to make up for the recent missed postings and both of them show how our hero, Will, feels about his daughter, Sophie.

In this first scene, Will is showing his friend Lizzie a photo of Sophie on his iPhone.

“Where is it?”

“At her thirteenth a couple of months ago. One of the few birthdays I’ve been able to get to, I usually have to make do with an early or late celebration. Some dad I turned out to be, huh?”

“I’m sure you’re a great dad.”

“How great can I be when I’m only part-time?”

In this second scene, Sophie, Will and Amy are at the bowling alley. Amy is taking her shot, leaving Will and Sophie alone.

“So, is she, like, your girlfriend or not?” Sophie asked as Amy started her run up.

“I told you, she’s a friend who staying with me for a while, that’s all.”

Sophie smirked. “I’m not, like, stupid or anything, Dad, this morning she came out of your bedroom wearing your shirt.”

Will started at his daughter, not knowing what to say.

“It’s okay if she is, I like her - she’s kinda cool.”

Eternally & Evermore will be released by Phaze books in August.

For more Six sentence Sunday posts, visit the blog.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...