Friday 19 January 2007

Blogging is good for the soul

This blog is now being posted in sic different places (for reasons I know not). I’ve also spotted two more places I can post it. I guess it’s all about exposure. I just have to be careful what I expose because that sort of thing is illegal in most places (but not in Wales apparently).

I suspect I shall have to change the blog link on my website so that it diverts to a page giving the user the choice of which blog to read. That’s on top of all the other things I have to do with it.

The current blog locations are

MySpace (everyone can view, members can comment)

Blogger (everyone can view, members can comment)

StoriesOnline (members only)

Soulcast (everyone can view, members can comment)

Zooweekly (everyone can view, members can comment)

Lulu(everyone can view, members can comment)

I suspect that yahoo360 and windows live spaces will be the next conquests in my plan for world domination. I need to check if lulu allow blogs too. I think they do.

But why bother? Why blog at all? Well, I’m a writer—or at least I try to be—and writers need to practice. Blogging about crap is good practice. It forces one to think as one writes, to read what one writes and to learn from one’s mistakes. For example, I vary rarely if ever take the care and attention over a blog that I would with a story. I check to see if there are any red squigglies but that’s about it. I make up words too, like squigglies.

I know that I should spend the time I spend blogging actually working on stories, but I actually believe that one can get so bogged down with a story that blogging about shit is a good way to clear the blockage. Have you noticed I’m using ‘one’ instead of ‘you’? I have know idea why, perhaps I’ve suddenly become a bit posh (Not bloody likely).

As you can tell, I don’t really have anything to say today. But I still said it anyway. I need to make a list of things to do. A To Do list if you like. I’ll do that today if I get a chance. I hope it’ll be a better way of working that doing things at random. Who knows, it might even work.

marcnobbs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...