Thursday 7 February 2008

Glad I'm not Voting

After reading Mat’s blog yesterday telling us who he’d gone for on Super Tuesday, I got to thinking about who I’d have voted for. I know, I know, I’m a Brit and it’s none of my business, right? I should keep my lame opinions to myself.

But the thing is, whoever makes it to the White House in November affects the whole damn world, not just those within the US borders. You can’t watch a news bulletin in the UK without seeing Hillary, Barak and John’s smiling faces and wagging fingers. I even heard their names mentioned on the French longwave radio station that my wife wakes up to. French Radio – the French can’t stand the US most of the time.

So, who would I vote for? Truth is, I don’t know. The problem I have is that I only ever see the snippets of them speaking (or crying in Hillary’s case) on the news. I have no idea what any of them actually stand for. Even watching ‘Newsnight’ (which is great) doesn’t help, cause what you get is the filtered opinions of the few American commentators who could be bothered to talk to the foreign press.

Perhaps I should find out who Gordon Brown would vote for and pick their opponent as my favourite? I do find it odd though that you can vote for who you want to be the candidates, and then vote again to decide which of the two chosen gets the big prize. I guess I’m just not used to it. It looks set to run and run though – so by the time the real election takes place, I’m sure I’m not going to be the only one who’s sick to death of it.

On a different note – I’ve made some changes to my website. All cosmetic – the content hasn’t changed. Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...