Monday 18 February 2008

Sunday Afternoon down the plot

I spent much of yesterday down my new allotment, digging the soil in preparation for the planting season and putting my hardy fruit bushes in. The allotment is new for us this year, so there’s a lot of work that needs doing before we can start the real job of growing some fruit & veg.

It’s a big old plot, as you can see below, and I don’t yet know if it’s going to be too much for me and Mrs Nobbs or not. I’ve got to lay some paving slabs so I can erect a shed (which we haven’t yet brought), and the whole plot needs digging over. The guy on the plot next to us has covered his whole plot with fresh farmyard manure (Lovely smell) but we’re planning to use some good quality compost only where we need it as we don’t know any friendly farmers (or any farmers at all come to think of it) who can supply us with a lorry load of cow shit.


We didn’t do badly yesterday. Even with Nobby Jr running around the plot and pulling up my raspberry canes as fast as I could plant them. Here is a pic of my little fruit section – 10 raspberry canes, a loganberry bush and a tayberry bush. They're not much yet - but I'm expecting lots of lovely summer fruit.


It’s Phaze week at the Romance Excerpts Only yahoo group this week. You’ll be able to read lots of excerpts from upcoming Phaze releases, including my very own “Charlotte’s Secret” and “Lost & Found”. The group is free so pop along to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/romanceexcerptsonly to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...