Friday 13 April 2007

Lulu (the website, not the singer)

I’ve been working on my Lulu storefront today. They have introduced an “upgraded” page which give you more control over the look and feel. It’s far from how I would want it yet – but it’s better than before. The important thing is that the content display is how I want it.

The new store front has my books/stories split into 3 groups – Anthologies, Novellas & longer short stories, and short stories.

I’ve got a few more individual stories to add, most notably the ones included in Breakfast at Ruthie’s, and I’m not really keen on the covers for the individual stories as they are standard Lulu covers (except for Reunion, which I did myself and love), so I’ve still got a lot of work to do before I’ll be happy with it.

If you take a quick look, you’ll see that three of the books – Breakfast at Ruthie’s, Two ‘K’s and no Space, and Reunion – are all available in three formats, Hardback, Paperback and Pocket. I’ve not actually seen the Hardback or Pocket editions yet (they’re on order) but I’m hoping they will be as nice looking as the paperbacks.

You’ll also notice that they are all priced in Stirling, even if you are not in the UK. This is because of how I’ve had to display the stories. Because of the erotic content, the books have to be labelled as “Mature” or Lulu may well kick them off. But as “Mature” books, you have to be logged into the site and have given yourself access to “Mature” books. I’ve got around this by displaying them via my own HTML, which links directly to the book’s page (direct links can be displayed even when your not logged in). However this has meant that I could only quote the Stirling price as the price in other currencies fluctuates with the market. The odd thing here is that if you’re not logged in, when you direct link to the book’s page, the price is in US Dollars, even if you’re in the UK, the Eurozone, or anywhere else on the planet.

I’m rambling now, aren’t I? You should stop me when I do that. I can go on for hour if you let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...