Monday 10 November 2008

The Wait Goes On

The worst thing about being a writer is the unnerving, terrifying wait that one is subjected to when you submit a piece for publication. It's a lot like the wait you have to endure when you enter a competition and the announcement of the winner is several days after the closing date - only worse, because in theory you know when the contest winner will be announced and you have no idea how long your chosen publisher might take to evaluate your work and make their mind up.

I'm in the former situation right now. I submitted Kissed by a Rose to Phaze last week and now I'm going through 'that long wait'.

I must say, I'm quite hopeful they'll say 'yes'. they published my previous two works, Charlotte's Secret and Lost & Found, and KbaR is a whole leap forward for me--it's longer, better written and has more character development, more plot twists and more sex.

But there is always that nagging doubt. It's good to have that nagging doubt - it steels you against rejection - but it is - as the name suggest - nagging. By which I mean it's annoying.

the worst thing is that I want to start screaming from the rooftops, jumping up and down and start telling everyone how great the story is. I want to start whetting their appetites and get them chomping at the bit to read it. But I can't. Because, as yet, it doesn't have a publisher. So that would be foolish. So until I hear back, I can't.

This might be a little late, but I'd like to offer my congratulations to the Democrats and Mr Obama. I heard his acceptance speech on Radio 4 when I drove into work last Wednesday morning (the very kindly played the whole thing) and I must say that the man is one hell of a speaker. He even had me feeling proud to be American - and I'm not American! My hope now is that he actually turns out to be the President that his rhetoric has promised. I hope he can make decisions as well as he can stir the emotions. Guess we'll have to wait and see, huh?

Anyways, I've been chatting at LRC today, so as usual when I do the chat there, I'll post my answers to the owners interview questions here tomorrow.

And thanks to those of you who have said they are enjoying reading my daily tweets.

Finally, here's the blurb I've finalised for Kissed by a Rose.

Who’d have thought tears in the library could change your life? For Adam Smith they led to love. But when your girlfriend is the latest English Rose to grace the silver screen, life’s not going to be easy. Hounded by the press, autograph hunters at every turn, she’s his power, his pleasure and his pain. An addiction he can’t deny. The more he gets, the stranger he feels. But a student and a superstar just don’t mix. Do they? They’re from two different worlds. Aren’t they? And remember what the song says: Every Rose has its Thorn.

--
Marc Nobbs
REC Nominated Author of Contemporary Erotic Romance
Turning Romance on its head

Nominated for Best Author of Contemporary Erotic Romance
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Romance_erotica_connection/surveys?id=12835841
Nominated for Best Female Character in a Contemporary Erotic Romance
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Romance_erotica_connection/surveys?id=12835851

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...