Friday 28 November 2008

Why so Quiet?

Okay, so, this week, or at least since Tuesday, I've been on the quiet side. No blog posts and very few tweets-no tweets at all on Thursday. And no, it wasn't because it was Thanksgiving, because we don't do Thanksgiving in Britain.

No, the truth is that I've just been so very snowed under. Not literally, as the last flurry of snow we hand in Northants was washed away by the rain before the sun was up properly last Sunday. No, I mean, of course, the amount of work I've somehow accrued. I've been complaining about the amount of crap I have to do for some while now. It doesn't seem fair to me that everyone else in the country is suffering a slowdown in the amount of work they have and my workload has, if anything, increased.

This week it's been all about the change in the VAT regulations being sprung on us and preparing for it happening next week, and a rather nasty and particularly complicated payroll. Still, shouldn't complain, at least I have a job - which is more than might be said for workers at Woolworth's this time next month.

It is sad to see an institution like Woolworth's in such trouble. As a chap on the TV said during a box-pops session outside one of the stores - "Where are we going to steal Pic 'n 'Mix from now?"

You might remember that after finishing Kissed by a Rose, I started work on a re-write of Reunion. The intention was to restructure and add to the original story.

Well, I've certainly done that. So much so, that I've decided to go the whole hog and ditch large parts of the original concept for the story - effectively making a totally new piece rather than an update of an old one. I've changed the character names and I've allowed the two leads to get together in their youth before breaking up and getting back together again later in life (as opposed to having them miss out earlier to make it all the sweeter later)

I'm also increasing the length of time until they meet up again as adults and I'm making some other changes that I didn't think I ever would. I'm hoping the changes will add even more drama to an already dramatic plot line.

I would say roll on the weekend, but i'm going to be spending some of it making changes to our templates and systems ready for the change in VAT rate on Monday. Oh, well, there's always next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...