Monday 2 March 2009

Do this make me “Popular”

The answer to the above question is, of course, no. But I’ve been monitoring visitors to my website and blog since the ‘re-launch’ at the start of the year and I’ve seen a marked rise in figures.

Right now, I’, averaging around 75 visitors a week to my website. Not huge I  know, but not bad either. A third of those visitors head for my free stories page and a tenth look at my e-books page. Now, if only a couple of those e-books page visitors goes on to buy a copy of Charlotte’s Secret or Lost & Found then I’ll have to profess to be happy.

As for my blog, it’s averaging 75 visitors per post (across all places where it’s posted). Which again, in the grand scheme of things isn’t huge, but it is higher than this time last year, so I have to be happy with that. And the trend is increasing, so that’s all good too.

I wonder how much of this is down to my usage of twitter. My number of twitter followers has doubled since the start of January, and I’m getting two or three new followers a day. How many of those are genuinely interested in what I have to say – who can tell? But it can’t be bad to have my name ‘out there’ noticed by more and more people.

So, am I popular? By world-wide standards, no. By my own meagre standards, yes. Popularity, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

2 comments:

  1. I've been working on the same 'popularity' myself. Twitter has made a difference, as have the podcast and webcomic. I think if I could get the webcomic on a regular schedule and get the rest of my work organized around that, promotion-wise, I'd be doing pretty good. But Twitter is a definite help, as is regular blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to let you know I was here! My Dashboard was not working correctly (since the re-launch) so I wasn't able to see if anyone had written anything, and was lost for so long! Now I see it's back, and I am playing catch-up!
    Good luck with everything, and have a wonderful day, Marc!
    Phyllis

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...